Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Little Fighter

2oo9 has definately come in with a bang! Monday was back to school for Stephen and I. We reluctantly drug our feet out of bed, but by the next day, we were back in our routine. As for Mr. Owen, not so much. Getting him out of our morning routine over Christmas break took a toll on him. Mornings here were in a word, haneous. His behavior at home this week has not been so good and I have had sort of a Mommy meltdown. We are struggling with pooping in pants, fighting with his brother, and being just plain hard headed. Owen has been special in his own right since before he was born. 8 weeks before my due date, he wanted to come out and see the world. 6 weeks before my due date I was in a horrible car accident where I broke 3 ribs and had to be cut out of my Explorer with the jaws of life. Again, he wanted to come out and say hello. Finally, Owen won out and was almost 4 weeks early. The name "Owen" means fighter or warrior in the English language. And that is exactly what he is. Owen has always done things his own way and in his own time. He crawled late, walked late, and even talked late. And yes, I guess the pooping on the potty will be late too. He makes me crazy but we love him so much. He is sweet, caring, loving, and mean as a snake at the same time! As for my other son, I couldnt be prouder of him! Stephen brought home an almost perfect report card and I am so proud. When I think back to Stephen's preschool years, I can remember some hard headedness, but I know how different it was with just one child. Stephen is so excited that baseball is right around the corner.

Friday night I needed some much needed time to myself, so I went and saw Bride Wars with my friend Julie. I must say, it is one of the best chic flicks ever. It is chick flick greatness.
My wonderful parents saw my need for Mommy alone time, and took the boys overnight. Clint and I went to Belle Italia tonight and had a wonderful dinner and actually adult conversation without being interrupted. It was wonderful. Then we did a little shopping and came home.

Tomorrow I look forward to going to one of my new favorite hang outs, Cape La Croix church. Each time I go, I truly receive such a great message about what God wants for me. Last week was to simplify life for God. I am ready to do that, but still trying to figure out just how!!



2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Anne. You are such a great mom and the boys are the best little boys ever. I know what you mean when you say Mommy meltdown, because I have had a few myself. But just remember that God has a plan for all of us, and that he won't give us more than we can handle. I wish I had time to setup a blog as well, but reading yours is good enough for me. I love you - Dope

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Krista!! I am so proud of you too!!!

    ReplyDelete