Sunday, March 8, 2009

Winter, Good Riddance!

My blog performance has been downright sad. February was a gloomy month. This winter really took a toll on me. My grandparents used to always leave during the winter and go somewhere warm and now I know why. I hope that when I am retired, I will be able to afford to do the same, except they chose to go to the desert. I will probably opt for the beach! Several of my friends and I have come to the conclusion that we could have that seasonal disorder. You know, the one that just makes you not want to do anything? Basically it gives you an excuse for being lazy. I doubt that it is a true medical condition. This weekend was so awesome with the warm weather. The boys could not wait to get outside and play and even Clint was thrilled. He farmed all weekend to his heart's content, "ripping," until it stormed early this afternoon. After the weather cleared we took our first spring walk around the neighborhood. This weekend I thouroughly cleaned the inside of my car and I discovered some very disturbing items. My children are packrats and pigs. Going from a large SUV to a car has been an adjustment, but I was shocked as to how many toys, juice bottles, and wrappers my boys hide under seats and in little nook and crannies.
Since my last blog, there are a few exciting things that I want to share. One being that Owen is finally fully potty trained. It happened just as I predicted. He decided on his own that he would take care of his business and be a "big boy!" I have been keeping true to a few of my new year's resolutions. I have been running at the gym and I was slowly working my time up, but I had a weird week long virus that left me just feeling awful, so that has put me back a bit. My goal is to still run a 5K with my friend this year. Lastly, I read a great book called The Shack. I had seen it in stores, but our church did a 4 week series on it. That was the motivating factor to read it and I was so glad that I did. For anyone who has had tragedy or heartache in their life and wants to know where God fits in, you must read this book.
For now, enjoy the warm weather until the next cold snap arrives, which I think is later this week.

1 comment: